This specialized course is presented in a manner that promotes understanding and the ability to conduct T-K-Y Joints Ultrasonic inspection. This is an excellent course for practicing engineers to learn in depth concepts of critical weld examinations. This course covers underlying concepts of TKY weld examination of offshore structural fabrication as per API RP 2X and AWS D1.1
API-RP 2X (Tubular Connections)
- Selection of probes.
- Construction of DAC.
- Evaluation of defects..
- Acceptance criteria
AWS D 1.1 (Non tubular connection Steel Structures)
- Statically loaded.
- Cyclically loaded Structures.
- Construction of weld cross section involving curvature using profile-gauge and other methods
- Estimating change of angle, beam-path, surface distance for curved surfaces
- Construction of a flaw locating rule for T K Y Weld Inspections
- Applying acceptance criteria
- Ultrasonic inspection report preparation
Sample Test Specimens containing T, K, Y welded joints on plates and pipes